This Guitar is another icon from the 1980's.
|Neck Material:||2-Piece Maple with Graphite reinforcement with added skunk stripe|
|Neck Shape:||Speed Neck with rolled fingerboard edges|
|Scale Length:||25.5" (648 mm)|
|Fingerboard Radius:||12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)|
|Number of Frets:||22|
|String Nut:||Floyd Rose® FRT 02000 Locking|
|Nut Width:||1.6875" (42.86 mm)|
|Truss Rod Nut:||Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment|
|Neck Plate:||4-Bolt Charvel®|
|Neck Finish:||Hand-Rubbed Urethane|
|Position Inlays:||Black Dots|
|Bridge Pickup:||Diarzio Distortion plus|
|Neck Pickup:||Dimarzio PAF|
|Middle||Dimarzio Area 61|
|Bridge:||Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)|
|Tuning Machines:||Charvel® Branded Die-Cast|
|Control Knobs:||Knurled Flat-Top|
Charvel So Cal with full Green Meany Modification.
We do several things in the Green Meany Modification, listed in no particular order, and the list is not complete:
1)We take the new Charvel So Cal completly apart, every screw and every part removed and stored for later.
2) We add a skunk strip to the back of the neck, we do this by doing a wood inlay, this adds the look needed and is a fun detail we didn't want to leave out.
3) We release the body from the paint tome it was sealed with at Charvel, in otherwords we distress the body.
4) We cut the bottom horn of the body
5) We age the neck slightly.
6) We dissasemble the pickguard, route the pickguard for the center pickup and the reassemble with the new Dimarzio HSH.
7) We then add the stickers.
8) We paint the headstock (we leave the Charvel logo on the headstock it is under the paint, we dont want brand confusion, this is a Charvel.
9) We distress the harware, it is a mild distress only to appear played.
10) We reassemble
11) Set the action to 3/64ths of a inch (it will hold a medium pick under the strings at the 15th fret :-)
12) Pickup hight is measured and set at optimum hight.
13) Strings and the Intonation, we are VERY particular to set your intonation PERFECT.